Tuesday, November 13, 2007


Christine Ambrose belongs to Front Range Contemporary Quilters and to two critique groups, Material Evolution and ArtStrings. Her work has been exhibited in the Smithsonian, The Loveland, CO Museum and will be featured on several episodes of the DIY Network series "Uncommon Threads" in March, 2006. Christine’s work was included in Fine Focus 04. Her passion is painting dye on luxurious fabrics. Quilting and beading her work gives lots of hands-on time for contemplation.


Bast: Cat Goddess
$550

Silk twill, rayon thread, glass beads, batting
Batik, hand applied dyes, quilted, beaded and stitched by hand

Inspired by the myriad of craftswomen from around the world whose daily practice and sale of their work enables them to improve their lives, my current work speaks to my admiration of these incredible artists and my own dedication to the mastery of my craft. Using my own version of Contemporary Batik, I apply hot wax with the traditional tjanting tool to outline my designs. Brilliant dyes are applied to create subtle blends and gradations. With vibrant color and evocative imagery, I offer an intimate invitation to view my world of magical motifs.

No comments: