Monday, November 19, 2007


Lauralyn Sciretta considers herself a re-emerging artist, after recommitting to her art subsequent to a recent heart attack. Even with her first traditional quilt, she designed her own pattern. In 1999, she recognized art quilts have the diversity to allow experimentation with other mediums such as drawing, painting and photography, not just fabric and thread. Her first gallery acceptance was 2002, a mixed-media art show in a Tucson gallery. Born and raised in San Diego, California, she is now a "desert rat" residing in Tucson, Arizona, maintaining Lazy Lizard Studio within her home that she shares with her husband.

Faded Memories, Diagnosis, Alzheimers
NFS

Freehand-machine "drawing" based on a photograph of my parents.

When my Father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's I frantically photographed, attempting to capture that moment forever before the disease took over. This piece is based on my favorite photograph of my parents. I drew a line in place of my mother’s features representing when he will no longer recognize her.

No comments: