Monday, November 19, 2007


Liz Kuny began her career in graphic design. Her interest in quilting as art began
during the time she was at home raising her three children. For the past 12 years
she has pursued this interest exclusively. Her work has appeared in local art shows
and hangs in private collections. She has had work accepted into Fine Focus 02,
Sacred Threads 2005, and Form, Not Function: Quilt Art at the Carnegie (2005).



Sea Glyphs I
$450

Commercial and hand-dyed fabric, chromacoal pastels, beads
Machine and hand appliquéd and quilted

Fabric is wonderfully versatile, and I challenge myself with each piece to explore new ways to use this medium. I’m sometimes rewarded for my efforts, and often surprised. The possibilities for ways to use fabric in a piece can seem endless, but I love the trial-and-error nature of it. For me, the thrill is in the process. Everything should be this much fun.

No comments: