Monday, November 19, 2007


Judith Plotner lives and works in the Adirondack Mountains of New York. Her work has been exhibited nationally in group and solo shows including the Renwick Gallery of the Smithsonian Museum, Washington, DC, American Craft Museum in New York City, and the Whistler House Museum of Art, Lowell, MA. Several publications that include her work are: Fiberart Gallery, Fiberart Design Book 7 and Stamping with Style. She is the recipient of two Individual Artist Grants in New York State and an SOS grant in New York State.


Retribution
$600

Cotton (commercial, dyed and painted)
Dye, paint, monoprint, Xerox, machine pieced and appliquéd, machine and hand quilted


My work integrates my life experiences as an artist, my love of fabric and collage, and my training as a painter and a printmaker. My subject matter is deeply internalized and I incorporate random thoughts and symbols. Text is frequently incorporated as part of the message along with various surface techniques to produce a piece rich in textural layers.

No comments: