Wednesday, November 14, 2007


Pat DaRif works as an administrative law judge for a state social service agency, but her real life is that of a fiber artist. She has sewn all of her life and has been quilting in a serious way since 1999. Her art quilts have been exhibited by the American Quilter’s Society, the International Quilt Festival, the Textile Center of Minnesota, the Appalachian Center for Crafts, and other venues.


Mangrove II
$150

Commercial Cottons
Discharge printing, inkjet photo transfer, hand piecing and appliqué, machine quilting.

I find my primary inspiration in nature. I often use images from photographs I have taken as both the subject of a quilt and the basis for fabric created through photo transfer techniques. This piece is based on my photographs of mangrove forests on the coast of south Florida.


No comments: