Tuesday, November 13, 2007


Jeanne Raffer Beck is a full time artist who lives in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State and has a studio in Rochester, New York. She has been creating layered, richly textural wall hangings using dyes, paints and threads on a variety of fabric surfaces for over 10 years. Her work has been juried into numerous shows in the United States and England and has appeared in a number of publications. Jeanne teaches surface design and textural stitching techniques and writes regularly for Surface Design Journal. She was recently profiled on HGTV's Simply Quilts.


Tic Tac Toe Heart
$295

Cotton, textile paint, cotton batting, thread
Hand painting, silkscreening, machine and hand stitching


I started writing short stories when I was 12 years old. Now, as I collect vintage photographs of women who display amazing character, I juxtapose these images with symbols that represent my own life experiences. These women become characters in my own visual "stories."

No comments: