Tuesday, November 13, 2007


Peggy Brown began painting over 30 years ago. Around two years ago she began translating her watercolor and graphite paintings into art quilts. As a painter Brown’s work has won over 300 awards. She is an elected member of the American Watercolor Society, National Watercolor Society, and other professional organizations. Her paintings have been featured in 13 books, in several articles in art magazines and are collected nationally and internationally. As a neophyte fiber artist, she is actively entering juried fiber art competitions in an effort to build acceptance and a reputation in that medium.

Small Moments II
$350

Silk, cotton, printed interfacing
Inkjet transfer from original painting, painted collage, hand quilted and embroidered


For 30 years I have created and exhibited watercolor, graphite and collage paintings. I let my paintings inspire my work in fabric art. I either paint directly on fabric and layer it into a collage; or like Small Moment II, transfer a previously painted image onto treated fabric using my inkjet printer.

No comments: